10 Tips And Tricks To A Healthy Skin With Skin Care-The Vegan Way
Skin care the vegan way basically, implies to a skin care routine that only involves all natural products and ingredients. Products that are completely free from animal extracts like honey, wax, lanolin, cholesterol etc. While this skin regimen may be commonly associated with the vegan community, anybody can apply it and successfully follow it through to achieve a healthy looking skin. The most common vegan skin care ingredients include aloe, olive oil, and Shea butter.
What is the difference between vegan skin care and regular skin care?
Vegan skin care as mentioned above refers to a skin care method where only natural ingredients and skin care products are used. Here, only ingredients are derived from green plants. On the contrary, regular skin care does not follow any specifications when it comes toproductingredients. Some use animal extracts, others use a mixture of animal extracts and chemicals while others contain animal, chemical and plant ingredients.
The skin being the largest part of the human body plays a very critical role in protecting the inner tissues of our body. While it absorbs nutrients and toxins on a daily basis, it also releasesharmful toxins through sweating. As thin as it is, the skin acts as a barricade for toxins penetrating the inner tissues of the human body. For this reason, it is important to be careful with what you apply/use on your skin.
Benefits of vegan skin care
|Today, the vegan way of life is the most championed by health experts. This way of life includes the vegan diet and vegan skin care. The former being widely adopted while the latter still taking course amongst many people all over the world. The question, though, is how is this form of skin care beneficial?
- Helps protect the skin from inflammation- most of these regular skin care products contain harmful chemicals that cause terrible skin inflammations when used. Vegan skin care products report close to zero skin inflammation cases as they use skin friendly all-natural ingredients.
- Can help treat hyperpigmentation- hyperpigmentation is usually caused by an increase in melanin production. This condition comes about when the skin is exposed to too much direct sunlight, skin injury and exposure to certain harmful chemicals. Natural skin care products like aloe, raw potatoes, turmeric, and lemon contain bleaching agents which can help cure hyperpigmentation easily.
- Vegan skin care also helps with photo-aging ,as derived from Wikipedia: wikipedia.org Photoaging, photoaging is the premature aging of the skin caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays and/or artificial ultravioletsources like x-rays. Photoaging is characterized by age spots and wrinkles. Vegan skin care can prevent and also help minimize the effects of photoaging.
- Anti-aging benefits- vegan skin care containsanti-aging benefits. Unlike the conventional skin products which are attributed to premature aging, natural skin care helps with the aging process. Natural products like green tea and soy help nourish the skin and also boost it with vitamins that give the skin a younger and more vibrant look.
- Helps with the treatment of dry skin- products like olive oil, coconut oil and avocado help to nourish and moisturize the skin, therefore,reducingsensitivity and dryness.
Factors to consider when shopping for a vegan skin care product
Just like any other shopping routine, one needs to look into a number of factories when shopping for a good and effective vegan skin care product. Whether it is a moisturizer, facial scrub, exfoliator etc. you should really put the following factors into consideration.
- Your skin type
||Know your skin type and what works for you. Is it oily, dry or normal?Most skin care products are usually labeled for different skin types. Ensure you know your skin type before choosing a skin care product. If you don’t know, then go to a dermatologist and get tested so that you do not end up using the wrong product.
Be wary of random skin care products, not everything on the shelf labeled natural is truly effective. Consult with the storekeeper or products website to find out how effective your product of interest is.
- Go on a product study
This is one thing that I apply personally before I embark on using a certain beauty or skin care product, I usually go on a study about it. Talk to friends who have used it before, search online for more information, look through the manufacturer’s website. The more you know the better.
- Familiarize yourself with the available brand in the market.
The skin care industry is as vast as most industries. The number of skin care brands is quite wide. For this reason, it is advisable to always be familiar with available brands and identify one that is all-rounded with regard to your skin care needs.
- Test them before you use them
This bit is very important. Never buy a skin care product and start using it immediately. Test it first to see if it works well with your skin or not.
- Last but not least, not every skin care product that it is written natural or organic is actually natural. Some brands use the natural tag to lure customers into buying their products. A wise buyer will always go through the ingredients indicated on the product to find out if it is all vegan.
Tips for maintaining a healthy skin care the vegan way
It takes a lot of effort and discipline to achieve and maintain a healthy looking skin. It is more than having a shelf full of all fancy vegan skin care products. Here are a few tips to maintain that glow;
- Adopt is a skin care routine for yourself. The most common one starts with cleansing, exfoliation, toning and lastly moisturizing if necessary to hydrate the skin.
- Adopt a healthy diet. It may not necessary be all vegan but the road to a healthy skin start from the inside. What you process inside matters equally. Eat a healthy diet.
Best available brands of vegan skin care products
The skin care market is congested with different brands that are all convincing to the buyer. Unfortunately, not all vegan skin care brands are unsurpassed. Currently, though, the best vegan skin care brands in the market include.
- Jurlique from southern Australia
- Oz naturals
- Pure body naturals
- Radha beauty
The natural ingredients in vegan skin care products largely nourish your skin rather causing irascibility like the toxic chemicals does.Antioxidants in the natural skin products help in preventing premature aging and also heal damaged skin and tissues. These natural skin care products contain oil soluble vitamins which the skin absorbs for moisturizing purposes.
The younger generation usually has it easy by just tapping their wet skin dry with a cloth/towel without damaging their skin. Fatefully, this privilege fades away with age. Our skin becomes more demanding to better care as we age. Dryness and frailty become a concern that needs to be constantly taken care of. An appropriate vegan skin care routine will help maintain the youthfulness and vibrancy through the years.